Selecting Car Insurance Online
Get a Quote and Save up to 40%!*
Get a Quote and Save up to 40%!*
Choosing the best auto insurance carrier can be a daunting task of you are not sure about the coverage you need or what company to trust. You can always call up an agent but they will surely try to sell you a policy and one that probably gives them the highest commission. There are some basic things you should find out when selecting car insurance online. Let’s break it into two main categories.
One of the most important decisions you will make when selecting auto insurance coverage will be the deductible amount. is range from $250 all the way to $1,000. Your deductible is simply the amount you are required to pay up front any time before your insurer kicks in and pays the rest of a claim up and to your insurance limits. So what should you get? That depends on your personal situation and finances. If you have no money saved up, or can never keep any money in the bank, you might select a lower deductible between $250 and $500. The problem with this is you will be paying higher premiums each month.
If you can save the money, choose a premium amount of $750 or $1,000. This will lower your auto insurance premiums by about 10%, which can really add up over the long haul. Once you have selected your amount, get a quote with a trusted on-line comparison site like good to go insurance company. You will be shown up to 10 rates and can choose the best policy for the coverage you want.
Each insurance provider will offer additional coverage you can choose from. This will start at a basic liability ins package and go up from there to include comprehensive, towing and rental car benefits. The two most common optional insurance upgrades are a collision and comprehensive.
* Collision will reimburse you for damages to your vehicle caused by another automobile, or objects like a tree or pole that you struck while operating your car. This optional insurance is not required by law in any state and costs more.
* Comprehensive coverage is also more expensive than liability but offers a broader scope of coverage. This will pay for damages to your car for almost anything other than an automobile accident. This includes fire damage, flooding, vandalism and vehicle theft. It is really important to get because there is almost a 100% chance that your car will get damaged at some point. Think about your windshield cracking from a rock hitting it on the freeway and how much that costs to get repaired or replaced. If you select comprehensive ins, this cost will be included. You will only have to pay the deductible.
* Additional options to consider include: medical payment reimbursement, towing and rental car insurance. It is important to check your credit card policy because many companies today include rental car insurance.
Get all the Discounts you Can
Whether you buy auto insurance online or through a traditional agent or broker, make sure you get all the discounts you can. This will help save you hundreds over the course of your policy, and it is definitely worth a few minutes of your time. The most common discount will be so-called “good drivers.” If you have had no accidents the past year and maintain a clean driving record, you can save as much as 20%. Here are some discounts you may qualify for.
* Good Driver
* Good student (usually maintaining a B or higher GPA)
* Low Mileage Discount
* Discounts for anti-theft GPS devices
* Certified Driver Safety Programs
* Multi-Car or Bundled Discount
* Military Discounts
* Teacher Discounts
You can apply for all the discounts you qualify for online at good to go insurance. The quote process is totally free and comes with no obligation. If you have any questions, you can call a friendly agent and get advice on selecting car insurance online. If you have never received an on-line quote before, don’t worry, it’s easier than you think. You are in total control of the process and can come back at anytime to finish your quote. Get started now at goodtogo insurance and save hundreds on your new policy.